As a freelance expert, you will work with our team of consultants on assignments, relevant to your skills, to carry out technical studies and project preparation activities contributing to the development of climate mitigation and adaptation projects in developing countries and emerging economies.
Required experience and qualifications
- Minimum Master’s degree or equivalent
- Successful track record of at least 7 years contributing to or leading the development of project and programme documents, such as:
Stakeholder Engagement Plans and stakeholder consultations, including Grievance Redress Mechanisms Integrated Pest Management Plans / Integrated Vector Management Plans, Pre-feasibility and feasibility studies, Resettlement Action Plans (RAP), Indigenous Peoples Plans (IPP) / Community Development Plans
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and research skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, empathetic and open
- Experience working for or with international climate funds such as GCF, GEF, NAMA Facility and/or Adaptation Fund would be a strong asset
- Willingness to travel on assignments to Africa, Asia-Pacific, Latin America and Eastern Europe
- Proficiency in one or more of the following languages would be considered an asset: Spanish, French, Portuguese, Chinese.
We highly value long-term lasting relationships with our freelance experts. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a virtual interview. Successful candidates will join our freelance roster and be contracted on a project by project basis subject to their availability and expertise.